Senior Financial Analyst
- Would you like to live in a delightful rural and coastal area with affordable housing?
- Are you a financial modeller who loves to explore complex problems through data and scenario analysis?
- Do you want to work with a team who are intent on lifting the district's wellbeing and pride?
About Kaipara District Council
Kaipara is a thriving community, offering a relaxed lifestyle, great climate and affordable housing. It's easily accessible to Auckland and Whangarei, with plenty of opportunities for recreation and relaxation. If you'd enjoy living in a gorgeous location with a fantastic range of leisure activities, then we think you'll love living here as much as we do!
We are determined to become one of the regions most desirable employers - we value integrity, teamwork, and delivering outstanding value to our customers and community.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Financial Analyst to join our Dargaville-based finance team. This role will see you focusing on Council's key financial models and providing financial advice and analysis. Reporting to the Revenue Manager, you will:
- Provide expertise for Council's four key financial models: growth, development contributions, rating and corporate financial performance
- Support policy and strategy development with your expertise and advice in modelling and scenario analysis.
You are an enthusiastic and passionate person with:
- A relevant qualification in financial analysis or equivalent
- Significant financial management experience within complex organisations, and perhaps in a local government setting
- Expertise in Excel
- Experience in data management, modelling and analysis
What's on offer?
Career opportunities like this combined with the beautiful Northland environment create a lifestyle opportunity second to none. We'll offer a generous salary package coupled with relocation assistance.
If it sounds like you, don't wait - apply now!