Treasury & Financial Services Manager
- Are you an experienced manager in treasury and financial services, ready for a lifestyle change?
- Would you enjoy living in a gorgeous location where rural charm meets coastal chic?
- Do you want to work with a team who are intent on lifting Kaipara's wellbeing and pride?
About Kaipara District Council
Kaipara is a thriving community, offering a relaxed lifestyle, great climate and affordable housing. It's easily accessible to Auckland and Whangarei, with plenty of opportunities for recreation and relaxation. If you'd enjoy living in a stunning location with a fantastic range of leisure activities, then we think you'll love living here as much as we do!
Kaipara District Council is determined to become one of the region's most desirable employers - we value integrity, teamwork, and delivering outstanding value to our customers and community.
About the Role
Based in Dargaville, we have an exciting opportunity for a talented Treasury & Financial Services Manager to join our team. This role involves undertaking the financial and management reporting function for Council, managing Council's cash flow, investments and borrowing, and ensuring financial records are maintained. Reporting to the General Manager of Risk, IT & Finance you will:
- Prepare financial aspects of the annual report and forecasts against budgets
- Provide timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year to date reports
- Support departmental and budget managers in financial reporting and analysis
- Manage Council's financial accounting systems and processes such as payroll, general ledger, accounts payable, fixed assets and taxation
- Manage cash flow and treasury
- Provide leadership to the Treasury & Financial Services team.
You are an enthusiastic and passionate person with:
- A Chartered Accountant with membership of Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand or equivalent
- Several years' experience at a senior financial management level
- Strong people management skills
- A New Zealand driver's licence
What's on offer?
Apart from our gorgeous location, on offer is a generous salary package plus relocation assistance.
If this sounds like you, don't wait - apply now!