Sustainability Policy Planner (Analyst)
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
About Kaipara District Council
We offer an enviable lifestyle in a beautiful environment where rural charm meets coastal chic. Northland's renowned white sandy beaches, extensive native forests, rolling green pastures and laid back lifestyle make this an amazing place to live and work.
Our Policy Analysts/Planners contribute to the wellbeing and liveability of the Kaipara District by providing policy and planning advice and supporting the review of the District Plan, bylaws and policies for the District.
In this role you will assist the Policy Manager to ensure strategies, policies and plans are in place to deliver sustainability and climate change adaptation and mitigation outcomes Council requires with a focus on the District Plan and strategic and corporate planning.
Kaipara District Council is a relatively small organisation with a vibrant Policy team. The daily workload translates to plenty of variety and challenges. Our Council relies on the Policy team to help design policies and a District Plan which enable our communities to be resilient and thrive in the future.
To be considered, we seek candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in law, social science, economics or resource management
- Experience in policy development, including an effective ability to advise a wide range of audiences
- Experience working on sustainability and climate change issues
- Demonstrated ability and achievement in research analysis and reporting
- Sound knowledge of all statutory processes influencing local government
- Knowledge and experience working with Iwi, Hapu on policy and planning matters
- Knowledge and experience of Treaty of Waitangi statutory obligations, Tikanga and Matauranga Maori
- Knowledge and experience working with issues facing a rural and coastal district
- Experience working with technical data, statistics and relevant computer applications
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Clear concise communication and good writing skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
What we can offer:
Apart from our gorgeous location, Kaipara District Council offers a supportive team environment in the midst of positive transformation and change. Benefits can include:
- Professional memberships and ongoing professional development
- Study assistance
- Negotiation on flexible working options
- Promotion opportunities and career pathways
- Health and wellbeing initiatives (yoga, pilates, massage, etc.)