Taharoa Domain Manager
About Kaipara District Council
We offer an enviable lifestyle in a beautiful environment where rural charm meets coastal chic. Northland's renowned white sandy beaches, extensive native forests, rolling green pastures and laid back lifestyle make this an amazing place to live and work.
Kai Iwi Lakes is one of Kaipara's top premier parks. This rare opportunity sees you maintain and develop the Taharoa Domain with a particular focus on restoring and managing its biodiversity to ensure it remains pristine for future generations.
During peak periods and ad hoc times you will also assist with the operations of the camp ground and day visitor areas to support the Campground Coordinator.
To be considered, you will need the following skills and experience:
- A tertiary qualification in land management, environmental management, biodiversity or horticulture is desirable
- 3+ years' experience in a related field
- Experience in customer service and relationship building
- Ability to establish, manage and maintain indigenous plantings
- Effective time management, with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and political neutrality
- New Zealand driver's licence
Apart from our gorgeous location, Kaipara District Council offers a supportive team environment in the midst of positive transformation and change.
Benefits can include:
- Competitive salary
- Professional memberships and ongoing professional development
- Study assistance
- Negotiation on flexible working options
- Promotion opportunities and career pathways
- Health and wellbeing initiatives