Building Control Manager
Are you an experienced Building Control Manager looking for a new challenge? Or a highly experienced and capable Team Leader ready to step into the Building Management level?
Are you sick of city traffic and would like to live and work in a small vibrant community?
Do you want to live in an amazing location, work in an amazing job and make a real and positive difference?
About Kaipara District Council
We are in the business of creating a thriving community where people love to live, work and play. We recognise that to do that, we need to have the right people on board.
We offer an enviable lifestyle in a beautiful environment where rural charm meets coastal chic. Northland's renowned white sandy beaches, extensive native forests, rolling green pastures and laid back lifestyle make this an amazing place to live and work.
About the Role
Reporting the General Manager Regulatory, Planning & Policy you will lead the building team in the effective and efficient delivery of quality consenting, inspecting, compliance and certifying services. You will promote the building team as innovative, forward thinking, performance driven and customer focussed.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Drive high team performance through strategically planned training and development programmes
- Provide information towards the Long Term Plan, Annual Plan and Organisational Performance Reporting Structure
- Providing supportive leadership, coaching and mentoring to the building team
- Ensure that Council maintains its accredited BCA status
- Ensure that policies and processes included in the BCA Manual for consenting, inspecting and certifying building work continue to be developed, maintained, documented and adhered to
- Carry out, supervise and ensure internal technical audits, quality system audits and other quality related functions are completed as required and to a high standard
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislative, statutory and procedural timeframes in respect of consenting, inspecting and certifying building work
To be successful you will bring:
- Relevant tertiary qualification as defined by Building Regulations 2006 clause 18 (e.g. NZCE, NZ Certificate in Building)
- Sound understanding and practical knowledge of current NZ Building Regulatory environment including the NZ Building Act 2004, NZ Building code
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a management position at a minimum level of Team Leader
- Experience of regular contact with customers and working with a broad range of community and professional people
- Current New Zealand drivers' licence
What's on offer to you?
Apart from our gorgeous location, we'll offer a competitive salary package. A great team and an opportunity to put all of your skills to work. Supportive executive team and an organisation in the midst of transformation and change.