Graduate Environmental Officer
Do you want to live in an amazing location, work in an amazing job and make a real and positive difference?
About Kaipara District Council
We are in the business of creating a thriving community where people love to live, work and play. We recognise that to do that, we need to have the right people on board.
We offer an enviable lifestyle in a beautiful environment where rural charm meets coastal chic. Northland's renowned white sandy beaches, extensive native forests, rolling green pastures and laid back lifestyle make this an amazing place to live and work.
About the Role
In this role you will be working with our Infrastructure teams with a primary focus around our Parks and Recreation team which includes the operation of Kai Iwi Lakes. You will be providing advice and support with an environmental lens across our Infrastructure business. You will also support the development and delivery of projects.
Reporting to the Parks & Recreation Manager your duties will include:
- Supporting the Parks Officers in the delivery of our Management Plans
- Visiting sites across the District to oversee work and ensure we are meeting our environmental responsibilities and resource consent conditions
- Helping to develop and implement planting and pest plant control plans
- Reviewing and inspecting landscape design plans
- Maintaining a register of consent conditions for the Infrastructure group and support teams in meeting legislative requirements
- Monitoring the performance of contractors to ensure they meet environmental responsibilities as per contract specifications, levels of service, and required contractor performance
You will have a tertiary qualification with an environmental health/science background or a related discipline and some practical experience in a related field.
Your experience will also include:
- Competent and committed to safety
- Effective time management, with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and political neutrality
- New Zealand driver's licence
- Team working and interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
Most importantly, you would love to be part of a team of professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in our community
What's on offer to you?
Apart from our gorgeous location, we'll offer competitive remuneration. A great team and an opportunity to put all of your skills to work. Supportive executive team and an organisation in the midst of transformation and change.