Senior Revenue Officer
We have an opportunity for a revenue professional to join our revenue team. An exciting time to join with lots of change, projects and opportunity for development.
We are Kaipara District Council, and our mantra is to make Kaipara a place where we create thriving communitites and a difference to the district we work in. In the Revenue team this means we make it easy for people to do business with us.
At Council our revenue team are our specialists in rating and debt management. This new role will provide advice, support and technical knowledge to this highly specialised team.
In order to be successful in this role you will be proactive in providing investigative support and problem solving in the analysis, calculation and collection of rates and water rates revenue. You will also demonstrate our values, behaviours and be change resilient. as we are in the middle of a large transformation programme.
- Diploma level qualification in Finance, or equivalent level of learning through experience
- Minimum six years similar work experience, preferably in a similar local government setting
- Experience in working under pressure
- Experience with accounting information systems, preferably rating systems
- Experience in bookkeeping and accounts receivable
- Customer centric attitude and focus
What's on offer to you?
Kaipara District Council are proud to be part of a thriving community that offers a balanced lifestyle, great climate, affordable housing, and plenty of opportunities for recreation and relaxation. We are intent on lifting the wellbeing and pride of our communities. Our Revenue team is a group of awesome people, and a team with a passion for team work and integrity.