Senior Policy Coordinator
About Kaipara District Council
Kaipara District is rapidly growing and changing. Consistent growth in building and subdivision has triggered increased and complex consenting activity. In addition, the Council is embarking on a review of the District Plan, with the aim of creating a Plan that is up with the times, technically innovative and user friendly.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced senior administrator with a particular interest and/or experience in the planning and policy areas of local government.
In this role, you will assist with customer enquiries and support both the planning and policy teams with a range of administration tasks, including assisting with logistics for statutory and non-statutory community consultation events.
You are excited about the opportunity to be involved in shaping the future of the Kaipara District by providing technical support to our busy, motivated, high-performing policy and planning team. You will ideally have an understanding of policy and planning processes and you have a ‘can-do' attitude.
Your experience will include:
- Customer service experience with a broad range of community and professional people
- Experience dealing with planning and policy issues
- Experience of electronic and paper records management
- Effective organisation skills
- Analytical and research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work well within a team
What's on offer to you?
Apart from our gorgeous location, we'll offer competitive remuneration. A great team and an opportunity to put all of your skills to work. A supportive executive team and an organisation in the midst of transformation and change. Kaipara District Council will offer ongoing professional development, a supportive work environment, and a commitment to high performance. We are also happy to discuss flexible working options to cater to your lifestyle.