Infrastructure Projects Manager
- Are you an experienced Infrastructure Projects Manager looking for a new challenge?
- Are you sick of city traffic and would like to live and work in a small vibrant community?
- Are you after the perfect work-life balance?
About Kaipara District Council
We are in the business of creating a thriving community where people love to live, work and play. We recognise that to do that, we need to have the right people on board.
We offer an enviable lifestyle in a beautiful environment where rural charm meets coastal chic. Northland's renowned white sandy beaches, extensive native forests, rolling green pastures and laid back lifestyle make this an amazing place to live and work.
About the Role
In this role you will execute the capital works programme of the Waters and Waste team activities and help to plan, design and manage these systems (water supply, wastewater, stormwater, land drainage, solid waste). The aim is to maximise the long term quality, availability and cost effectiveness of the activities for residents, and minimise the risk of adverse social, cultural and environmental impact
Your duties will include:
- Project Management and supervision of professional services and physical works contracts
- Capex delivery from design to construction and close out
- Champion the promotion, implementation, monitoring and maintenance of Health and safety systems and practices
You have a tertiary qualification in civil engineering or project management coupled with at least five years related experience in the planning and delivery of infrastructure capital projects.
Your experience also includes:
- Proven experience in the procurement and management of professional services
- Proven experience with capital work contracts
- Strong relationship and management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent project and contract management skills
- Excellent budget and financial management skills
- Familiarity with relevant legislation
- Most importantly, you would love to be part of a team of professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in our community
What's on offer to you?
Apart from our gorgeous location, we'll offer competitive remuneration, a great team and an opportunity to put all of your skills to work. We have a supportive executive team and we're an organisation in the midst of transformation and change. Join our #coollittlecouncil.