Infrastructure Officer - Waste Minimisation
- Are you passionate about the environment and waste minimisation?
- Do you have project and contract management experience with a focus on health and safety?
- Would you like to live and work in a vibrant and growing district?
- Are you after a change in lifestyle and a great work-life balance?
About Kaipara District Council
We are in the business of creating a thriving community where people love to live, work and play. We offer an enviable lifestyle in a beautiful environment where rural charm meets coastal chic. Northland's renowned white sandy beaches, extensive native forests, rolling green pastures and work-life balance make this an amazing place to live and work.
The Kaipara district is the fastest growing district in the North Island, and we have a number of exciting projects and initiatives on the go.
About the role
Our Infrastructure team has an opportunity for a full time Infrastructure Officer with a waste minimisation focus. You will be an expert in all things relating to waste minimisation, leading the development and implementation of the Kaipara Waste Minimisation Plan and providing subject matter expert advice throughout project lifecycles across the district. In this role, you will also be expected to support other members of the infrastructure team by way of assistance with contract management and monitoring of contractor performance, this will primarily be for solid waste and parks contracts with the possibility of some 4 water projects. The preferred location for this role is Dargaville.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Substantial experience in waste minimisation and solid waste contract management and/or project management
- Strong relationship building and management skills, including within a contractor environment
- Experience within a customer facing role environment
- Excellent communication skills, including an understanding and experience of effective and successful consultation processes
- Effective time management, including a proven ability to work to deadlines
- Understanding of Health and Safety at Work Act 2015