Building Control Officer
- Want to contribute to the success of building developments in one of New Zealand's fastest-growing districts?
- Are you passionate about ensuring buildings meet building code requirements?
- Want to provide excellent service to residents of the Kaipara District?
Kaipara District Council has an opportunity for an experienced Building Control Officer to join our Building Services team based in Mangawhai. Reporting to the Building Services Team Leader, you will be a key part of a team responding to our growing number of applications to construct or modify buildings.
The following requirements are essential to be considered for this position:
- A technical qualification, as listed in Regulation 18 of the Building (Accreditation of Building Consent Authorities) Regulations 2006.
- Sound computer skills.
- Outstanding personal attributes and a strong commitment to working collaboratively and respectfully with colleagues and customers alike.
As the ideal candidate you will also have:
- Proven experience as a Building Control Officer
- An established processing competency in alignment with the National Competency Assessment System
- Thorough knowledge of the Building Act 2004, NZ Building Code and other relevant building legislation.
If you hold a current competency for Building Consent Processing for Commercial projects, we'd particularly like to hear from you.
This position may include processing of building consent applications and inspections work depending on your competencies.
Kaipara District Council offers ongoing professional development, a supportive work environment and a commitment to high performance. We are committed to attracting high-quality people to become one of the best local Councils in New Zealand.
Mangawhai offers a wonderful coastal lifestyle and is only one hour's drive from both Auckland and Whangarei. Career opportunities like this combined with the beautiful Northland environment create a lifestyle opportunity second to none.
If you feel you are the perfect fit and up for this great opportunity, then don't wait - apply now!