Environmental Health Officer
Do you have a science background? Are you tired of city traffic and keen to live and work in a small vibrant community?
About Kaipara District Council
We are in the business of creating a thriving community where people love to live, work and play. We recognise that to do that, we need to have the right people on board.
What we can offer:
Apart from our gorgeous location, Kaipara District Council offers a supportive team environment in the midst of positive transformation and change. Mangawhai itself offers a world class coastal lifestyle only 90 minutes' drive from Auckland and 60 minutes from Whangarei.
- Competitive salary
- Relocation assistance if required, including travel and temporary accommodation
- Professional memberships and ongoing professional development
- Study assistance
- Negotiation on flexible working options (hours and location)
- Promotion opportunities and career pathways
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
About the role:
This is an essential role within the Council's Regulatory Group based in the Mangawhai offices. You will be responsible for carrying out all of the regulatory compliance activities associated with all aspects of the Environmental Health fields, including Food Safety.
To be successful in this role it's essential that you have a science background, ideally along with all or some of the following:
- Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health
- Solid experience in dealing with customers, networking and building strong relationships that form long term partnerships
- Demonstrated experience in creating policy, processes and procedures. Local government experience would be advantageous
- Food safety and general environmental health duties including water quality, nuisances, bylaws etc.
- Experience of all aspects of environmental health under the Health Act
- Experience in complying with legislation and regulations
- Previous experience in alcohol licensing would also be favourable
If you feel you are the perfect fit and up for this great opportunity to live and work in the beautiful Northland environment (a world class coastal lifestyle only 90 minutes' drive from Auckland and 45 minutes from Whangarei) then don't wait - apply now!